Spartan 138 #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accepted Spartan 138 #1

Post by Spartan-138 on August 9th 2018, 3:43 am

1. Username: Spartan-138
Other usernames  - Spartan 138

Main Account (Plazma Burst 2): http://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=Spartan%20138&id=107040

Alternate Accounts From Plazma Burst 2, arranged from date of creation to most recent:

Spartan-138 - https://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=Spartan-138&id=1315361 (Unused)
Spartan138 - https://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=Spartan138&id=1315362  (Unused)
Spartan_138 - https://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=Spartan_138&id=1315365 (Unused)
TheEpicLoser - https://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=TheEpicLoser&id=1322274 (Use: Tried to make an account solely to get as many deaths as possible with 0 kills)
Guest-13370 - https://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=Guest-13370&id=1323601 (Use: Planned to play ranked multiplayer with this if I ever got the chance to)
Cyzek - https://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=Cyzek&id=1323606 (Use: Completely forgot why I created this account, not sure if it was for multiplayer or something else.)
Pryda - https://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=Pryda&id=1325968 (Use: To play with anyone that wanted to play with me on PB2)


Steam Name - Spartan-138
Link: www.steamcommunity.com/id/Spartan138

2. Give us your personal statement (include who you are, interests, what you can offer):
I'm introverted, kind of a geek/nerd, and really into gaming, anime, music, working out, and technology. I've currently finished high school, and I plan to start university for higher education in the United States.

Gaming - I would consider myself an addict to games, as I've always found myself really enjoying time spent on good singleplayer games with powerful stories, and whilst I'm more connected to singleplayer games, I find myself also drawn towards multi-player as well, because playing with people is always very fun and refreshing, and of course, you're facing reality than computer programmed bots, which makes the experience unique than monotonous and repetitive.
Anime - Big fan of several animes, mostly into mystery, crime, science, action, and I'm a big sucker for love anime too.
Music - I play Guitar, have learned a little bit of piano through learning to make music (as I'm a big lover of classical music, but mostly electronic as well.) by composing it using a Digital Audio Workstation known as FL Studio.
Working Out - Pretty much self explanatory, I've got goals, I hit the gym sometimes, been working out for 3 years now with weights, however calisthenics since 2012.
Technology - While I'm not super strong on this side, I do take interest in how computers work and I plan to build a PC one day, learning all the aspects to the hardware and components and what really goes on into how things work.

As for what I can offer to the clan, I really would like to offer the clan my loyalty and commitment, by being more active on the chats, forums, games, and being a more understanding, supportive person to the clan members. I'd also like to invest time in looking at how the clan could improve in better ways. Over the years, I've made suggestions for improvements, such as improvements on the old application and other matters (which I can't really remember at this moment but I know I may have suggested a few ideas)

3. What games are you actively playing?: Currently none, however I used to play, and plan to get active once again into:
Plazma Burst 2
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Garry's Mod
League Of Legends
Fortnite
Left 4 Dead 2

And a lot more other games that are mostly singleplayer. I've only mentioned above multiplayer games (seeing as this question tests on how the clan can connect with the applicant using games)

Although I've mentioned I currently am not actively playing games at the moment, I do plan to invest time in playing these games once again as I really can't devote 100% of my time and effort to university and things outside of games, because, as I mentioned earlier, I really enjoy games. While I may not be active 24/7 to play, I still would make time to play, and I'm hoping to take advantage of the fact that I'm going to the U.S for University to use that as an opportunity to connect to the clan as well, as I may have the same time zones as some people and it would be great to finally connect with members of the clan with good ping and good timing, instead of how it used to be where I'd have to come online pretty late in my country to meetup with BoZ members.

3b. Please list your username for those games (if multiple usernames, specify username for each game):

Plazma Burst 2 - Pryda (Account created for the very purpose of playing with others and BoZ members) or Main Account: Spartan 138
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Same as steam
Garry's Mod - Same as steam
League Of Legends - Spartan138 (Account region is EU West)
Fortnite - Spartan-138
Left 4 Dead 2 - Same as steam

4. Are you currently in any another gaming clan/group?: No.

4b. What gaming clans/groups have you been in before?:
.:_+PrODiGY+_:., Biohazard

4c. What made you leave your past clans/groups?:
I joined Prodigy to help the owner of the clan make a map, and I designed a "gunshop" map because of the clan leader requesting me to do so. I can't remember why I was asked to join the clan, but I clearly remember that there was an agreement that I was going to join solely to make the map and leave afterwards. I don't think I really joined it in the first place, but was told by the leader to wear the tag for a really short time or something. As for Biohazard, the one and only clan I've been in (in my opinion), I've been here since 2013 until now, where I was removed due to inactivity and lack of contribution to the clan, which happened to be at a point where I planned to return. I'd also like to add that I chose to willingly be inactive due to several reasons: School, Extra-Curriculars, and for something I wanted to do for the clan, which unfortunately I cannot reveal here as its something private which I intended to make public once I was done. However, despite the fact that I chose to be inactive, I never intended to be inactive for this long. As time passed, work became hard to cope with in school and having final examinations this year in high school, I didn't have time to spend on games nor BoZ.

5. Why do you want to join Biohazard?:
Ever since I joined Biohazard since 2013, I've always found it exciting knowing I was part of a community online, connecting with several individuals that had similar interests of mine, and I still remember how I first got to know about the clan, it was through a friend (who I can't remember the name) who was a member at the time and he told me that I should join in, and I decided to give it a try and I certainly did not regret it. I really enjoyed the idea of being part of a community that I could interact with, talk about things and simply have someone to communicate with.
I really miss the times I've played on PB2 with the clan, I've even recorded some moments I've had together with the members.
Once I got into this clan, I had no intention whatsoever of leaving it nor being kicked, and I planned to stay here forever, as I found that PB2 and BoZ played a big part of my life online, and I would really like to look back and remember all the great memories I've had of the game and the clan. In addition to having sentimental value with the clan, I also really enjoyed the fact that in most of my experiences, most of the members of the clan were helpful and encouraging. While I replied to keep membership on the posts that were made in the forums, I actually misunderstood them, seeing them as tests to see who really is active in the clan, and while I did post saying I was active, the second time I was late, and also, it wouldn't have been fair to keep me seeing as there were people who were removed that had spoken on the chats since 2017 september/october,and it gave a bad impression as if I was just looking to save the tag than my membership.

6. Which members do you know in Biohazard?:  Stryde, X Mechanic, Roxxar, Nasri, Destroyer980, Rakasaac, Sgt Dwayne, Nexir, Mech1354, Jeff1999, Kaotic Kaos, x D, Loveof777, Kmo123, Terameep

6b. How did you meet them?: Solely through Plazma Burst 2, however Terameep I may have met first during a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive session (as I've played more with him on CSGO than Plazma Burst 2)

7. What country do you live in?: Sri Lanka

8. Extra comments/questions: Once again, as I mentioned this previously in my 2013 application, I really hope I can become part of the clan, looking forward to reconnect with all the people who I used to interact with earlier, make new friends, and try to connect with those who I felt weren't so fond of me.
avatar
Spartan-138

Posts : 472
Join date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Kmo on August 9th 2018, 4:20 am


So what would your reason be in proving that you are not, in fact, trying to just save your tag then? Would you be willing to be active in the community or would you just resort back to lurking once you get accepted?
avatar
Kmo

Posts : 50
Join date : 2015-05-12

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Iznos on August 9th 2018, 5:00 am

Nice, detailed app.
avatar
Iznos

Posts : 62
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Spartan-138 on August 9th 2018, 8:03 am

Kmo wrote:
So what would your reason be in proving that you are not, in fact, trying to just save your tag then? Would you be willing to be active in the community or would you just resort back to lurking once you get accepted?

No, I would choose to be active once again, because as mentioned in my app I really thought about investing and making time for BoZ & games. For me, the tag isn't what matters, its the people/community. It's like a really good university or something, (Ex: Harvard), people think its great cause of the name, but what makes it great are its people, and I really enjoyed being part of this community.
avatar
Spartan-138

Posts : 472
Join date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Dwayne on August 9th 2018, 9:40 am

Seeing that you were removed from our clan for inactivity/lack of interest, how can you be sure that you won't go inactive, especially during university?
avatar
Dwayne

Posts : 120
Join date : 2014-04-07

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Spartan-138 on August 9th 2018, 11:44 am

Sgt Dwayne wrote:Seeing that you were removed from our clan for inactivity/lack of interest, how can you be sure that you won't go inactive, especially during university?

As I mentioned previously, I wouldn't be active 24/7 but I will make time for things such as BoZ and games, because I plan to allocate at least some amount of time into it, rather than going completely dead or as Kmo123 put it - "lurking". Also, I know for a fact there will be times where I'll have myself free, so I'm bound to come online during most of those times.
avatar
Spartan-138

Posts : 472
Join date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Subcomics on August 9th 2018, 3:58 pm

So you had, combined, a total of 0 messages on discord and our forum, since November 2016. That meant that if someone else from Biohazard had, say, 15 messages on discord since January 2018, and 5 messages on our forum since January 2018, and they were removed for inactivity, so were you.

Spartan-138 wrote:6. Which members do you know in Biohazard?:  Stryde, X Mechanic, Roxxar, Nasri, Destroyer980, Rakasaac, Sgt Dwayne, Nexir, Mech1354, Jeff1999, Kaotic Kaos, x D, Loveof777, Kmo123, Terameep
Cool, you know a fair amount of people in Biohazard, but how many of these people "know" you? They may recognize your name, but have you actually had any conversations with them since 2016? Yes, the people of the clan are what makes the clan unique, but like what kmo said, since you've not even had a presence in our clan since 2016, the only thing you're doing is just wearing the tag. I feel like I just learned more from reading your personal statement than I did in the four years you were even in the clan.

This is all building up to my final point that you should take home:
You were inactive due to school, extra-curricular activities, and other things most likely.
   1) depending on what you want to study and what school you go to, your first year may be easier, but any college is more difficult and consumes more time than any high school
   2) extra-curricular activities just don't go away, and you'll still have time devoted to them.

Spartan-138 wrote:I do plan to invest time in playing these games once again as I really can't devote 100% of my time and effort to university and things outside of games, because, as I mentioned earlier, I really enjoy games.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. You can invest time in your hobbies, that's fine, but if you're going to any college, you shouldn't take it for granted by not devoting your full amount of time to your studies. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE COMING FROM A DIFFERENT COUNTRY. Don't come to the United States and just half ass college like most people do, because then they end up dropping out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Subcomics
mr. costigan

Posts : 1740
Join date : 2014-02-15

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Roxxar on August 9th 2018, 4:24 pm

What do you think made you stay away for "longer than intended?" We all deal with school and other activities/hobbies, and we all might take a break to focus on what's really important in our lives, but what are the intentions/expectations that you set on yourself in terms in inactivity and return?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
.
avatar
Roxxar

Posts : 951
Join date : 2014-02-16

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Spartan-138 on August 9th 2018, 5:25 pm

Subcomics wrote:
Cool, you know a fair amount of people in Biohazard, but how many of these people "know" you? They may recognize your name, but have you actually had any conversations with them since 2016? Yes, the people of the clan are what makes the clan unique, but like what kmo said, since you've not even had a presence in our clan since 2016, the only thing you're doing is just wearing the tag. I feel like I just learned more from reading your personal statement than I did in the four years you were even in the clan.

I'm sad to say, I have not conversed with any of those who I mentioned in that question since 2016, except for maybe Kmo123 whom I can't remember whether I contacted back last year, but not via the chats, but possibly PB2 in-game. I'm not so sure and my memory is kind of wew. But I understand your point, it really does appear as if I only cared about wearing the tag, and while that's not the case, I didn't realize how much I didn't interact with the clan until now.

Subcomics wrote:
This is all building up to my final point that you should take home:
You were inactive due to school, extra-curricular activities, and other things most likely.
   1) depending on what you want to study and what school you go to, your first year may be easier, but any college is more difficult and consumes more time than any high school
   2) extra-curricular activities just don't go away, and you'll still have time devoted to them.

Yes, I agree.

Spartan-138 wrote:I do plan to invest time in playing these games once again as I really can't devote 100% of my time and effort to university and things outside of games, because, as I mentioned earlier, I really enjoy games.
Subcomics wrote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. You can invest time in your hobbies, that's fine, but if you're going to any college, you shouldn't take it for granted by not devoting your full amount of time to your studies. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE COMING FROM A DIFFERENT COUNTRY. Don't come to the United States and just half ass college like most people do, because then they end up dropping out.

I guess that sentence written on my app didn't come out right. I'll rephrase it: While I will be busy with university, possibly more than high school, I plan to manage my time and with devoting my full attention to studies I also plan to devote at least some towards games/BoZ. Don't get me wrong, I take studies seriously and I really don't want to take college lightly and flunk things.

Roxxar wrote:What do you think made you stay away for "longer than intended?" We all deal with school and other activities/hobbies, and we all might take a break to focus on what's really important in our lives, but what are the intentions/expectations that you set on yourself in terms in inactivity and return?

Well, one of the big reasons that made me stay away longer than intended was in fact the "project" I was doing for the clan, which I kept delaying due to the fact that I had work in school and hence I never really got around it. I progressed somewhat in it, but didn't go so far. Part of the purpose of this project was to show that I was still active with the clan, only busy with work and I felt like I needed to contribute. The reason I felt this was because it was tied to an experience I felt while I was in the clan. The experience had nothing to do with any of the individuals in the clan, nor any moments I had with them, but rather to do with myself, and I really wanted to make a change for the better (in terms of changing myself as an individual for the clan.)

My intentions were to solely have that project done as soon as I could, and return to the clan with kind of a fresh start using the project. That was my whole plan and since I was inactive for so long, I didn't realize how much time had passed and the more work I was given the more I spent time on that and the more I delayed the project, gradually ending up until I finally finished highschool this year, and returning back I had already arrived too late.
avatar
Spartan-138

Posts : 472
Join date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Subcomics on August 9th 2018, 6:48 pm

Spartan-138 wrote:Well, one of the big reasons that made me stay away longer than intended was in fact the "project" I was doing for the clan, which I kept delaying due to the fact that I had work in school and hence I never really got around it. I progressed somewhat in it, but didn't go so far. Part of the purpose of this project was to show that I was still active with the clan, only busy with work and I felt like I needed to contribute. The reason I felt this was because it was tied to an experience I felt while I was in the clan. The experience had nothing to do with any of the individuals in the clan, nor any moments I had with them, but rather to do with myself, and I really wanted to make a change for the better (in terms of changing myself as an individual for the clan.)

My intentions were to solely have that project done as soon as I could, and return to the clan with kind of a fresh start using the project. That was my whole plan and since I was inactive for so long, I didn't realize how much time had passed and the more work I was given the more I spent time on that and the more I delayed the project, gradually ending up until I finally finished highschool this year, and returning back I had already arrived too late.

What's this "project" that no one in Biohazard has ever heard of but you?
Why did you feel you had to contribute by making a "project", when all you really have to do is just be active on discord and our forum?

2 years to complete a "project", still faster than PB2 completion. If you provide a lackadaisical answer for your "project", though, this won't make any sense

Why didn't this ever just cross your mind:
at what point is it even worth it to continue your "project" that still isn't done, for a clan you haven't been active in for over 2 years, and have very little in common with them, because you've been inactive for 2 years? If the purpose of the project was to show you're active, why didn't you just go to discord or use our forum...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Subcomics
mr. costigan

Posts : 1740
Join date : 2014-02-15

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Spartan-138 on August 9th 2018, 6:59 pm

The project was to develop an artwork for the clan and a PB2 map in honor of it.
I felt I had to contribute to the clan because I felt like I wasn't doing very well in terms of expressing myself and who I was as a person. I felt as if I was a nuisance, someone unwanted or simply uninteresting to the clan. I wanted to make a change to prove myself worthy in addition to being active. Also why I didn't simply return to forums nor the chats was because I had already gone inactive for a bit, and the thought of returning back with my hands empty and nothing to give back to the clan made me feel worse. "Oh, Spartan's back." "He was better off inactive". Now I realize, I guess it would have been a better idea to have just stayed active and kept silent about the project and then gradually in time released it. I guess that was my mistake.
avatar
Spartan-138

Posts : 472
Join date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Michaelhero on August 9th 2018, 11:09 pm

What's one goal that you could set for yourself to be more active in the clan. i.e. 100 messages a month.
avatar
Michaelhero

Posts : 290
Join date : 2014-02-16

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Spartan-138 on August 10th 2018, 6:52 am

Michaelhero wrote:What's one goal that you could set for yourself to be more active in the clan. i.e. 100 messages a month.

I was thinking of having a set amount of time to spend with the clan in general, for example 30 minutes per day, or 1 hr a day. It really depends on my schedule everyday, however, so I'd have to change accordingly.

Play games at least 3 times a month or more with clan members (via Steam for example)

Or even have 30 posts a month via the forums.

While these aren't planned to be exact and have the possibility of being changed, the end goal is still the same: to have at least some kind of activity with the clan than going completely silent, because that is what matters.
avatar
Spartan-138

Posts : 472
Join date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Blake on August 11th 2018, 4:25 am

What happened to Hellfighters?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Blake

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Spartan-138 on August 11th 2018, 5:26 am

I was never part of Hellfighters?
avatar
Spartan-138

Posts : 472
Join date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Forum Utilities
Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

 

You have the following permissions for this forum:

You cannot reply to topics in this forum