Accepted Re: Spartan 138 #1

Post by Blake August 11th 2018, 5:52 pm

I meant the chat
Blake
Blake

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan-138 August 11th 2018, 7:58 pm

Oh. Well, if you're asking about whether I was active with Hellfighters or something, I wasn't, and the only instance I was for a few minutes on the 20th of July last month, where I was only talking to the leader as he was online the moment I came to Discord after a long time and checked my DM's and I noticed he sent an invitation to a server (which expired) and I asked him to resend it. We had a small chat on his server, and if needed, I took screenshots:

As you can see, I only conversed with the leader for a little. While he invited me over to his clan chat, I don't intend on interacting with the other clan members there, as I don't know majority of them, and I don't really want to. The only reason I joined his chat was because I knew the leader, and nothing else. Even prior to joining, I checked whether he was inviting me over to join his clan, or simply to his server, and had he done the latter I would have refused (cause technically I was still in the clan at that point, and it would be considered multi-clanning)

I hope that's not seen as a problem.

Spoiler:
Spartan-138
Spartan-138

Back to top Go down

Post by Subcomics August 12th 2018, 6:19 pm

I still fail to see how you'll change if you couldn't balance your school schedule + extracurriculars + games before, as compared to balancing college + extracurriculars + games now
Subcomics
Subcomics
mr. costigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan-138 August 12th 2018, 8:44 pm

The fact of the matter is I let myself lose balance between my schedules. This was mostly because of the project which I put pressure on myself for. It's out of the way now and that I realize I would have been better off not revealing it and simply staying active than dormant. And also, I've actually improved a lot since I was last active in the clan back in 2016 - in things like time management and keeping priorities straight. Not to mention, despite I wasn't active with the clan since 2016, I was still "lurking" and made time keeping track of the things that were going on, just staying silent and willingly choosing to be inactive. While I did that before and it was a poor decision to make, I of course am watching myself ensuring that I don't intend on repeating those same mistakes of mine from the past, as I've come to the realization that interacting with the clan is more important than proving self worth, and that self worth comes over time with interacting with the clan.
Spartan-138
Spartan-138

Back to top Go down

Post by Subcomics August 13th 2018, 12:02 am

Spartan-138 wrote:And also, I've actually improved a lot since I was last active in the clan back in 2016 - in things like time management and keeping priorities straight. Not to mention, despite I wasn't active with the clan since 2016, I was still "lurking" and made time keeping track of the things that were going on, just staying silent and willingly choosing to be inactive. While I did that before and it was a poor decision to make, I of course am watching myself ensuring that I don't intend on repeating those same mistakes of mine from the past, as I've come to the realization that interacting with the clan is more important than proving self worth, and that self worth comes over time with interacting with the clan.
see, but you had all of 2017, and the first half of 2018 to show that you could be active, and rather you didn't. You showed up too late to the last activity check and got kicked because of inactivity. I'm not really sure if a few weeks is enough to say you've changed and have better priority and time management for the clan
Subcomics
Subcomics
mr. costigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan-138 August 13th 2018, 4:35 am

Subcomics wrote:
Spartan-138 wrote:And also, I've actually improved a lot since I was last active in the clan back in 2016 - in things like time management and keeping priorities straight. Not to mention, despite I wasn't active with the clan since 2016, I was still "lurking" and made time keeping track of the things that were going on, just staying silent and willingly choosing to be inactive. While I did that before and it was a poor decision to make, I of course am watching myself ensuring that I don't intend on repeating those same mistakes of mine from the past, as I've come to the realization that interacting with the clan is more important than proving self worth, and that self worth comes over time with interacting with the clan.
see, but you had all of 2017, and the first half of 2018 to show that you could be active, and rather you didn't. You showed up too late to the last activity check and got kicked because of inactivity. I'm not really sure if a few weeks is enough to say you've changed and have better priority and time management for the clan

Yes, that's true, but keep in mind I was also caught up in the idea that I had to have something in my hands when I returned. While I still haven't because most of 2017 and half way through 2018 I spent my time focusing completely on school (cause those were the last most important years of school) I have improved a lot throughout that time. It's easy to assume I'm the same since I was inactive from November 2016, but really, I'm not. Also, for the record, I'd like to add that the reason I missed the last activity check/was late was NOT because I had school but rather no internet for almost 2 weeks in July.

Furthermore, I would also like to add that I felt that if I showed at least some activity on PB2 I wouldn't have been marked inactive. However, now looking at it again, I realize that was also one of my mistakes as BoZ gradually discontinued PB2. My whole belief was that showing my activity at least on PB2 (despite it being less often played from the clan) would have had some effect. I would occasionally hop in on PB2, using PB2 as a method of proving myself of NOT being inactive, as I knew that that's the foundation of BoZ and where it all started. But I guess it didn't help, seeing as activity with the clan is more important. From all of that I'd just like to make single point: I've learned a lot from my mistakes and don't see myself repeating them.

And, I'm not sure if this point helps my argument but I'm majoring in Computer Science, meaning I'll be spending more time on my PC than ever before for work, hence I know I will make some time for BoZ and games. Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm going to neglect college, just manage things better.
Spartan-138
Spartan-138

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 16th 2018, 5:33 pm

Accepted. Come to Discord for futher instructions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Forum Utilities
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

You have the following permissions for this forum:

You cannot reply to topics in this forum